Singapore Media Watch

Saturday, October 21, 2006

What's hot on Blogosphere

RJC girl Wee Shu Min gets slammed by netizens

RJC girl Ms Wee Shu Min (Centre) was forced to shut down her blog after nasty comments from netizens.

Users in at least 3 of the top singaporean forums (EDMW, SGForums, Sammyboyforum) have slammed 18 year old RJC student Ms Wee Shu Min, daughter of Ang Mo Kio GRC MP Wee Siew Kim, for her response to a blog posting by Mr Derek Wee which was put up as a result of his frustration of not being able to have his views aired on the Straits Times Forum Page. (Read more...)


Co-opting, Singapore style

I was recently asked this question: Do I foresee a time when the People's Action Party (PAP) government would co-opt a gay person into its ranks? I said I couldn't rule it out.

But that question got me thinking about this phenomenon called "co-opting". It seems to me that we in Singapore are doing it in a way that is quite different from the major liberal democracies in the West.

We speak of co-opting with reference to the roping in of people, whereas elsewhere it's the stealing of ideas. (Read more...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home